Intermediate Payroll for the Administrative Professional
|OnDemand Webinar||$99||Add to Cart|
Gain a better understanding of the ins and outs of payroll and avoid fines and penalties.Paying employees is one of the most important parts of doing business. Employees work to be paid so making sure they are paid timely and correctly is crucial to your business. How do I calculate their pay? How do I know how much to withhold? How often do I pay? Which taxes do I withhold? Taxes are complex and making sure you are in compliance is very important. This is money that you are withholding from an employee's wages and there are serious consequences for not paying these taxes. Fines and penalties can be assessed for companies who fail to pay taxes properly to the extent that their business can be shut down. Laws constantly change and keeping up on payroll laws can be daunting. This topic will give you the basic knowledge of how and what items you need to pay your employees, how to calculate their pay, what taxes to withhold, how to pay in those taxes, and better knowledge of payroll in general to help keep you in compliance. Details of how to calculate taxes and what reports are required will be discussed along with how often they must be paid. If you are trying to understand more about what you are paying you will want to attend and get a better understanding of the ins and outs of payroll.
AuthorsDebbie Cash, CPP, Employer Advantage
Items Needed to Process Payroll
• Pay Information
• Time Records for Hourly Employees
• Information for Other Pay
• Deduction Information
• Calculating Hourly Pay
• Calculating Overtime
• Salary Payments
• Calculating Deductions Correctly
• What Federal Taxes Need to Be Withheld?
• What State Tax Withholding Is Required?
• FICA/Medicare Tax Withholding
• Is There Any Local Tax Withholding?
• What Employer Taxes Are Required?
Payroll Tax Calculations
• How to Calculate Federal Tax Withholding
• How to Calculate State Tax Withholding
• How to Calculate FICA/Medicare Tax Withholding
• How to Calculate Local Tax Withholding
• Employer Taxes
Reporting of Withholding Taxes
• What Forms to File
• How Often Do I Withhold and Pay
• Where/How Do I Make Payments?
• What Reports Must Be Filed?
• Deadlines for Tax Payments
• Penalties for Late Payments
• Penalties for Late Filing